Wednesday, June 03, 2009

More Northern



John, Sio and I went to Blackwell again on Sunday, and John caught another northern. I still haven't caught one, and I really want to. We both caught bass, and I caught a little crappie. The weather has turned pretty cold for this time of year so we haven't been back out there. I was hoping to get back out there today when John gets home, but I don't think we will. Our heat just kicked on! In June!


Black Forest Theater did their last performance at the Peter Jones Gallery on Saturday, and Sio and I went. I have to say that I enjoyed this more than almost anything else I've seen of Jimmys stuff. They did almost all music, and showed a film that was done by the lake. It was really good, especially a song that I think was called Inner Light.


I got another two squares finished on the scrap mat. Melissa and Sio both didn't like the stars so I took them out except for one. Melissa thought leaving one would add some interest. If I decide I don't like it I'll take it out too. I was looking forward to sitting outside and spending the afternoon hooking but it's too cold. I get a lot more done outside, the table is the right level to prop the frame on. I'm working on a quilting project today, I have several in process. I was thinking of sewing the string stars into a throw quilt, but I don't have enough of anything to use for sashing.

I also got all the plants planted. I have quite the herb garden this year, in addition to all the flowers and veggies. I planted basil, rosemary, sage, savory, lemon verbena, chamomille, thyme, lavender and mint. The savory isn't looking too good, but everything else is fine. I have so many lettuce seedlings! I also got a watermelon this year; I just bought one vine. Sio wanted eggplant, so we have those, as well as tomatoes, peppers, cucmbers, cabbage, pickles, peas and beans. Not all of the beans came up so I am going to plant a few more. The strawberries are looking really good this year, too. And I planted flowers in the front for the first time since we came here. The front flower bed section needed a lot of dirt, so we filled it up and I planted petunias, two types of pansies, moss roses and a couple of geraniums. I sowed a lot of wild flower seeds in the back so I hope they all come up, too. I wanted to get some lilies of the valley to put in under the pine tree, but I haven't seen any.

No comments: