Friday, April 10, 2015

Finished Embroidery

I finished the Indian shisha embroidery. I didn't start making the bag I'm going to turn it into because I only have small scraps of black cotton, and I definitely want to use black. It turned out pretty nice I think.

I started another small embroidered piece yesterday afternoon. It is a Palestinian cross stitch design that I'm stitching on 14 count aida. I'm thinking it will become a little zipper change purse. There  are so many Palestinian cross stitch charts out there, I don't remember where I downloaded and printed the one I'm using. Sorry about the hoop marks, I took it out of the hoop for the picture and then didn't iron it or anything since I'm going to put it back in and continue working on it. I filled in one motif with yellow, the middle one will be green and the end one navy.

Linking up to finish it up Friday at Amanda Jeans Crazy Mom Quilts.

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

What I Did With a Thrifted Sheet, and WIP Wednesday

  I haven't posted lately for a couple of reasons. One was my mom had eye surgery and there has been a certain amount of time taking her back and forth from the hospital and Dr.s office.I have also been spending more time at her house, too. She needed eye drops and couldn't quite manage them alone.
  I've also been in a bit of a creative slump. I finally decided to make some napkins from an twin fitted sheet that I had been planning to use in a crocheted rug. Once I got the napkins done, I just started making other things. Turns out, there are quite a few useful items to be gotten from just 1 sheet. This first picture is the napkins:

I made 4 sachets next. I've ordered some lavender to fill them with. 

Then I made a storage bag:

I also made  two totes, one a little bigger than the other.

I've wanted to make some reusable sandwich bags for awhile, so I made two. I used these the other day and they work really well. I've had a couple requests to make them for my sister and daughter.

Last I made rice pack covers for my rice packs. When they start smelling too much like Tiger Balm I can switch them out.

I used a thrifted white sheet for all the linings except the baggies; I bought some ripstop nylon for those. All this stuff ended up costing me just under ten dollars. Not bad!

I also went through some older projects, and pulled this embroidery out. I started it a long time ago,  at least 7 or 8 years. It's so close to being finished, all that's left is the outside chain stitched frame, so I figured I would just go ahead and get it done. It will probably end up on a bag. I'm hoping to get it finished this afternoon.