Monday, August 31, 2009

Dyeing Day!






I got 350 yds of a wool/nylon blend sportweight yarn I recycled from a sweater dyed today. I didn't squish the dye around quite enough and I have soem white spots, but not too many. I used Cushings silver grey green, blue, green and maroon and steamed it in a roasting pan in the oven on 150 degrees for about an hour. The skein I laid on the very top has colors that are a little more vibrant than the other 2 bottom skeins. The top picture shows the yarn soaking before I squeezed the water out and poured on the dye; the next pic is the yarn with the dye on, ready to go in the oven, then there are the drying skeins on the line, and 2 of the finished skeins after they have dried.
We went fishing yesterday, and while the lake by Chris and Richards has sucked pretty much this year, it came back with a vengeance for John. We decided to stop there before we picked Chris up because we hadn't been there in awhile and John caught this 17 inch fat guy on a pumpkinseed plastic worm. We picked Chris up and went to Hidden Lake, and then back to Chris' pond, but there were no other fish caught the rest of the day.

No comments: