Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Where has summer gone?

I know I haven't blogged in a long time, but it sure doesn't seem like it's been two months! The summer went so quick!
There are tons of things that have happened; the biggest being Siobhan's enrollment at Northern Illinois University. We drove her down last week, and she started classes this past Monday. She left me with 3 rabbits and 3 guinea pigs to take care. It isn't that far, just over an hours drive, and it's been ok so far. I really missed her yesterday evening though. I've gotten used to her sitting outside and talking while we both work on projects. We are going out there Saturday though, hopefully to bring her bike to her and get mine back. She's majoring in ceramics with some sort of minor in fiber arts. She seems to be really excited about her classes and I'm glad; she is so very talented.
The fishing has been pretty good all summer, mostly because it's been coolish. I caught my biggest bass at Hidden Lake two evenings ago; it was a solid 19 inches and I bet it weighed 5 lbs but I forgot to bring the camera with. Chris caught one there a couple of weeks ago and we didn't have the camera then, either. John caught a big one in that same spot, too. Blackwell was pretty good for awhile but it's slacked off. As the fall weather moves in we'll probably try there again. I also caught my first small mouth ever in the Fox River, which was also pretty cool.
I have made a ton of crocheted projects, scarves and hats and fingerless gloves getting ready for a craft show the end of October. Most of them are in my Etsy store so I won't post pics of them. I also started a knitted scarf in a feather and fan pattern and it's looking very nice I must say. It's really easy and since I'm not a great knitter easy works for me.
I am hoping to get a dye run in the next day or so; I have some recycled yarn I want to play around with. I'm in love with Noro's colorways (who isn't) and while I don't think I will ever be able to do it was well as they do maybe I can get some nice results. I will definitley be posting pics of that when I get it done. It's rainy today and supposed to be tomorrow, but maybe it will hold up enough to do a bit of dyeing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's great to see your back at blogging. you've been missed. Lor.