Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cabled Hat





This hat was pretty easy and looks nice. I used Naturally Nazareth yarn that i had bought a year ago at Wool and Co. in Geneva and the pattern is here http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/kpatt11.htm. I can say that cables are not nearly as intimidating as I thought they were. I think I will make this hat again; it only took a couple of days and it looks really nice. I think I'm going to try a Fair Isle hat next. I also found another pattern I want to try. It's a ribbed hat made with chunky yarn and some of the yarns that were used by people on Ravelry have some really nice colors. I just unraveled a 100% chunky cream colored wool sweater and I'm going to dye 100 yards of the yarn today. I'll have to buy a 10.5 16 inch circular though cause I don't have one.

No comments: