Thursday, October 08, 2009

Finished Mittens! Next Project Elizabethan Embroidered Coif

I finally finished Siobhans mittens. For a first pair I think they came out ok. I had some trouble with the thumb gusset and I sewed it closed a little at the base of the thumb, but I think they are pretty good for a first effort. They took almost a full ball of yarn.

I feel a bit of a costuming fit coming on and since I've found it's best to just go with it I decided to make an embroidered coif. I can make this entirely by hand in the evenings when I'm watching tv or whatever.I drew the embroidery design right onto the pattern and then transferred the whole thing to fabric. I am going to do the embroidery in DMC cotton rather than silk because it's cheaper and because if it ever does get worn (although I don't know by who) it can be washed easily.

No comments: