Sunday, June 13, 2010

Latest Spinning Project


1st picture is 300 yards of fibery goodness

2nd pic Close up of skein

3rd pic Single plies waiting to be plied together on my antique lazy kate

last picture Single plies waiting to be wound onto bobbins

Ok, so I haven't been posting much lately, but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. My Etsy store has been doing much better lately and I've been trying to keep adding new things almost every day if I can. I've taken a different direction with it; in addition to the handmade items I am know listing recycled/reclaimed fabric and a few vintage things when I can pick them up for cheap. It does mean that I have to do a lot more thrifting and going to garage sales then I have in the past. What I haven't been doing as much as I'd like to is spinning. I've been working on a 3 ply worsted weight for a couple of weeks now, and I finally finished it today. I spun it from Corriedale wool that I bought and then washed and combed a couple of weeks ago.Then I spun a little here and there when I had time, and yesterday I got the different single strands dyed. I steamed the yarn in the over rolled up in plastic and covered for an hour and then hung it to dry, and then today plied it. I REALLY REALLY like this yarn. I have just over 300 yds of it and I'm not sure what I'm going to make with it. I'm going to look at patterns tomorrow.

No comments: