Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This and That

We had some really nasty weather last night! The tornado siren went off and that rarely happens here in Addison. We used to get them going off all the time when the kids were young and we lived in Romeoville. It was a bit scary, but it all blew through pretty fast. Other than a couple small branches down, we didn't have any damage. Some places got hit much harder though and are still without power. John just called me from work and told me that the power line over the car exploded while he was sitting in it eating his lunch. North was hit pretty bad, so maybe there was an overload from power being spread too thin, or maybe the power line was weak from last night, I don't know. Whatever, the power has been cut from his work so he'll probably be home early.
I have been washing wool all morning, trying to get as much done as I could before more rain came. There ended up being a couple of showers and I had to bring it all in again, but it looks like it's over now. I am still combing Nfld wool, and then spinning as I go. With the lanolin content of this wool it should make some nice semi-waterproof mittens. I'm hoping to get at least 2 pairs, maybe even 3. They will make excellent Christmas presents.
Still haven't taken any pics to post, but maybe I will later today.

No comments: