Friday, May 22, 2015

I Also Hook Rugs

So I finally hemmed down the edges on a small mat I made last summer. It's been hanging out in my bedroom closet since then, just waiting to be finished. I originally made it to go over the doorway in the living room to the hall and here it is finally hemmed and hung:


In retrospect, I wish I had used a solid black for the roof on the house, I think it gets lost a little in the hill behind it. I really think I caught the feel of movement in the water though. All in all a nice little mat and it fits perfectly above the doorway.
I also finished hooking this hit or miss mat. It still needs the edges bound, but the hooking is finished. This is another one I started sometime ago and just finally got around to finishing. I want to buy some rubber rug backing and put this in front of my kitchen sink. It will finish up at about 18x24 inches, so a nice sized kitchen mat.


I've also been embroidering over the last few weeks since the last time I posted for finish it up Friday. I have 2 pieces of Palestinian cross stitch done. One is already sewn into an unfinished bag, I need to get something for handles next time I'm in JoAnn. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the other piece yet. Maybe a pocket on a skirt or top, or maybe I'll just slip it into a small frame and hang it.



 

A friend of mine was having a garage sale and she gave me some yarn. Most of it I passed on to my daughter, but I kept some 100%  wool yarn, and some brown acrylic. The acrylic became these fingerless mitts:


There's enough of this acrylic left to make a pair of mittens, too.
Last of all we had a gorgeous day yesterday, sunny and warm, with very low humidity. I took advantage of it to dye these two rovings. Each are 4 oz., and are a Corrie crossbred I  got on Paradise fibers. Due to not watching what I was doing, the red one is actually a dyeing experience that went horribly wrong but still resulted in a very pretty roving. 



Hopefully in the next week I can get a small sampler I'm working on finished, as well as a cabled hat I started yesterday and finish spinning some green yarn I'm almost finished with. I'm hooking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Creative Goodness Linky Party. Happy Friday!

7 comments:

jack said...

nice!

User1 said...

Nice!
Thiet ke nha
Thiet ke nha dep
Thiết kế nhà đẹp

Gold Tips said...

Superb post regarding "I Also Hook Rugs"

Silver Trading Tips

น้องส้มส้ม said...


I think this made me realize a lot about it. For those who would like to read this, hurry to read it.




gclub

คนสวย2019 said...

ปรับรูปหน้าเรียว
ฉีดหน้าเรียว ลดริ้วรอย เป็น



ต้องการ



หน้าเรียวทำเป็น



ยังไง



ผู้คนจำนวนมาก













อาจจะ







กำเนิด



ปัญหา





นี้
รวมทั้ง







การฉีดลดหน้าเรียวด้วยโบท็อกก็เป็นกรรมวิธี











รักษาที่ทำเป็น



ง่าย โดยไม่ต้องผ่าตัด
สารารถยนต์



ช่วยลดลางเลือน



ริ้วรอยและก็







ร่องลึกได้ภายในช่วงเวลา







เร็วทันใจ







ได้ผล



การดูแลและรักษา





ที่น่าพอใจ



ละสร้างความมั่นใจและความเชื่อมั่น










ให้กับผู้มีปัญหาได้อย่างดีเยี่ยม


ฉีดหน้าเรียว pantip
โบท็อก หน้าเรียว
ฉีดโบท็อก ที่ไหนดี

chengqi said...

Be conscious from the feeltimes dresses you're choosing.

Give your bridesmaid dresses all the details they will need on prices for everything including hair and makeup and when they choose to complete their makeup or have hair made by a friend you need to be fine with this. Don't take into account it.

เว็บตรง ไม่ผ่านเอเย่น said...

เว็บตรง ไม่ผ่านเอเย่น เชื่อถือได้ ปลอดได้ ไม่มีโกงต้องที่นี่ สล็อต ตอบโจทย์ความต้องการได้ดีอย่างมากทั้งเรื่องของการเงินการเดิมพันที่หลากหลาย เพื่อเป็นการยกฐานะการให้บริการให้ดีขึ้นไป