Friday, February 29, 2008

Art Quilt and More Yarn




Well I finished the quilt show quilt and dropped it off the other day. It's ok, but not something I would do again. I really enjoyed the process of dying all the fabrics, but I always do. I layered netting over the top and quilted through all the layers, and then beaded it. The organza swirls show up better than I thought they would. Siobhan is holding it up for me.

The blue yarn is my latest reclaimed yarn project. There wasn't a label so I'm not sure what it's made of, but it's soft enough that I think it might be a cashmere blend. I think I will save it for a scarf. Melissa wants me to show her how I unravel sweaters while she's here next week, so that means a trip to the resale shop, hooray! I have been spending as much time as I can on the shawl, too. If I can find a border yarn I might finish it over the weekend.

No comments: