Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Blogging with Carbon Leaf

I saw Carbon Leaf at the Metro a few years ago, 2003 I think, when I saw Great Big Sea for the first time, and I have been a fan ever since. They unfortunatly don't get the airplay or acclaim they deserve, although they did win best of something at the American Music Awards about the same time I saw them (my brain is mush and I can't quite remember what). They are a solid, folky, songwriting and singing band if you like that sort of thing; which I do, and some of their lyrics are extrememly introspective and poetic. They also throw in an occasional bluegrass or Irish song, especially if you catch them around St Patty's Day. I've downloaded several live shows, and I look for them from time to time to see if they are coming back this way. So far I haven't been able to catch them again, and a peek at their web page shows they aren't headed this way anytime soon. So in the meantime, I found this wonderful video over at YouTube of them doing One Prarie Outpost at (of all places) a Borders in Olympia, Washington. All I can say is; how come bands of this calibre never play at my Borders?

No comments: