Friday, February 06, 2009

Thrift Store Trip






Sio and I went to the thrift store today. I haven't been for awhile, and it was a nice profitable trip. I got some fabric and the most I ended up paying was $1.50 for almost 4 yds of a yellow floral print. I got about 2 1/2 yds of a white on white print for $1.50, and almost 2 yds of a heavy cotton I'm going to use for placemats. I also got a yard of a red/cream cotton quilt print to add to my quilting stash. I might not have bought the yellow but Sio liked it. I also got a pretty green and peach 30's looking print that I might use for Josette.

I picked up 2 shirts that I am going to combine to try and make a dress. The body of the dress will be the grey shirt and I'm going to add length with the navy with grey paisleys. I'm going to cut the sleeves short and scoop the neck, and trim both in the paisley print. I'll add elastic at the waist to bring it in a bit. If it turns out the way I see it, it will be really cute.

Sio and I picked up 5 funny and/or cool t-shirts that will be turned into something else except for the one she is holding, that one she's going to keep and wear. I will probably make at least one bag, and then I don't know what else.

I also got another shirt with a sun and moon, a pair of jeans which are going to be turned into a ruffled tiered patchwork skirt, and a fake suede embroidered belt which I'm going to turn into at least one headband.

And lastly, I got a bunch of thread on wooden spools, and a book published in 1971 called The Gentle Needlearts.

1 comment:

Siobhan said...

I think we should sell them all as is