Friday, January 30, 2009
Josette's Valentine Outfit
This little outfit has been finished for quite awhile. I started the apron right after Christmas; it was made long before the dress and bonnet. I really like the little dress; it's a very simple basic pattern first published in 1921.The apron is from 1921 too, but the bonnet is a bit earlier; it's from 1911. I made the little doodads to trim it with fabric left from the dress. The dress was made from a thrift store blouse because I wanted a small 100% cotton gingham check and I couldn't find one at Hancock or JoAnn. I think it turned out very nice. I'm waiting for my stash swap package to get here before I start anything else for her.