Monday, April 20, 2009

Good Fishing







Went fishing over the weekend (of course!) and the crappie fishing is pretty good right now. We had minnows over on the pond by Chris and Richards house and caught some nice ones. We also caught bass on minnows, and on white spinners over at Westmore Woods. John caught a nice little bass on a white plastic grub looking thing, too. Chris couldn't go Saturday because they were auditioning bass players for his band, but he, John and I went yesterday and the fishing was still as good Saturday. It was raining a bit, but not too bad. Friday is supposed to be fabulous, 75 and sunny. Chris has off and I think John is going to take the day off and we're going to head down to Braidwood or LaSalle.



I also went to the thrift store early on Saturday, and the early bird really does get the worm. I found 4 curtain panels and valances with a mushroom print straight from the 70's. I also got a linen skirt that I am going to remake with a braid patchwork inset for me, and another pleated linen skirt with a blue floral stripe that I took apart and has yielded a lot of fabric. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I have 2 projects in the works, one is a recycled mans shirt I'm turning into a tank top with appliques, and the other is a pair of random patch shorts.

2 comments:

Siobhan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Siobhan said...

the crappie fishing is really good? you mean the *crappy* fishing? hehehe

ps that's my shirt