Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Intermission

Well I wonder how scared the population will run in the face of the swine flu threat, and how long it will keep peoples eyes off the other real crisis which is, of course, the continuing collapse of the world economy. I don't know if people even realize that a pandemic could be the final blow to an economy already on life support. I do have to say that I don't believe it will reach pandemic stage though; I don't know why I think that, but I do. I do see it as being a momentary reprieve for the big bankers. While people are afraid of getting sick, they won't be buying pitch forks or soaking old rags in tar and kerosene to make torches with. It's only momentary though, like intermission at the theater. The next act will start pretty soon and I don't think it's going to be pretty. In the meantime, there is this excellent post by a fellow blogger: http://www.oftwominds.com/blogapr09/obamas-secret-plan04-09.html
If you believe that Obama has something else up his sleeve ( and I usually do, I mean the man has shown that he's really smart) then this plan makes perfect sense. Read it and make up your own mind, but I gotta say, I think it would work. He's always said he was a grass roots politician, and this is a grass roots plan.
On a different subject, the bass are really hitting now over at Chris' pond. I caught 4 Sunday; all of them 10 to 12 inches. Not huge or anything, but lots of fun.

1 comment:

Siobhan said...

i never take a reprive from making torches--but i never burn anything that matters (except pottery)