Friday, April 03, 2009

Quote of the Day

I've been catching up on Thom Hartmann's shows today and this past Wednesdays is not to be missed. His podcasts have gone back to being free, and you can down load them here:
http://www.620kpoj.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=hartmann_nationwide.xml

Anyway, his Wednesday show is where I got this quote:
"There are two novels that can change a bookish teenagers life, The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obssession with it's unbelievable heroes leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood unable to deal with the real world. The other one, of course, involves orcs."

I read Tolkien in my young teens , and Ayn Rand in my young 20's. I guess that's enough said.

No comments: