Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Tuesdays Tutorial



Well I'm a day late. I made this pillow yesterday but didn't get a chance to post it til today. It's finished except the buttons on the back. The tutorial was from Cluck cluck Sew and the link is here: http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2009/10/tutorial-scrap-buster-fall-pillow.html Rather than make mine with cotton I used all wool. The leaves and trunk are from wool scraps from rug hooking, and the back and front are from bigger pieces in my wool stash. Because the wool has all been felted, I didn't have to use the fusible webbing to hold the leaves in place; I just pinned them down and when I liked the arrangement I just took them to the machine and sewed. It's a pretty nice pillow. I'd like to make it again with green leaves and pears and a partridge for Christmas.

No comments: