Wednesday, March 04, 2015

WIP Wednesday

I have a couple of things I've been working on the last couple of days. I've had the red and white strip quilt in my head for awhile now, so I worked on it a bit Monday and then for an hour yesterday. This will definitely end up as a throw sized. I've got  3 rows finished and strips cut for another 3. I'm assembling the strips in blocks that are trimmed to 6 1/2 inches by 9 1/2 inches, then sewing the blocks into rows that are 6 blocks wide. This picture only shows a bit of the quilt, but I think the idea of what I'm doing shows up pretty well.


I also started crocheting a half moon shawl. The pattern is on the Lion Brand website. This is the second shawl like this that I've made; the yarn is Chaco by Filatura Lanarota that my daughter gave me when I visited her last October. I have 5 balls of it, so there should be plenty to make this. It's 100% wool in a heavy worsted weight and is nice and soft, not itchy at all. 


And just because, here's a couple of pictures of the first shawl I made several years ago. I'm pretty sure this is Hobby Lobby's Icelandic yarn, which gives an idea of how old this shawl is. I've been boycotting Hobby Lobby for a couple of years now. I think I'm going to go a bit longer on the one I'm working on now.




No comments: