Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Tiny Tears Christmas Dress


I just listed this on E-bay. I think it turned out so cute, I kind of hope it doesn't sell because my little Tiny Tears looks so cute in it! I made the tights too; it was my first attempt at making tights, and they did not come out quite as nice as I had hoped. I didn't use a pattern, I just cut off part of a leg sewed across the bottom, part way up the center and back down across the rest of the bottom. I then cut between the two lines of sewing to make two legs. I also made a casing at the waist and slipped some 1/8 inch elastic in there. Anyway, they are still a bit loose, and the crotch is kind of weird. I have a pair of tights that I bought and I think I am going to try and make a patern from them.
I was in Salvation Army yesterday and came across a crewel embroidery kit of a butterfly from the 70's. It was started, but not much was done. It had all the yarn, a hoop, a needle and the instructions. I had seen a bag made with a piece of 70's embroidery, and it looked really nice, so I snatched the kit up and am already half done. The colors aren't my favorite, but that's ok, I still think it will sell when I finish the bag. I'll post pics when I do.

No comments: