Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Miscellaneous stuff

I have a lot of the edging done, I still don't know what to use it for. Maybe edging on my sheets. Or maybe on the bottom of a skirt.
I have had a lot of pain in my hip and shoulder, to the point where it was getting harder and harder to walk to work; I finally went to a chiropractor and after just 3 visits I'm already feeling a difference. It still hurts some, but not as bad. I only woke up once last night and that's a huge accomplishment for me. I usually wake up in pain a few times. Last night it didn't hurt a lot, and it wasn't what woke me up. I had to pee, and I went right back to sleep again. I walked to Salvation Army and back, and it didn't start to hurt til I was almost home again.
I went looking for wool today and I got some nice pieces. I got a red pleated skirt that will give me a lot of fabric. I drew up a copy of an antique rug that I saw online and I think I may do it next. I also am tempted to order a pattern I saw on Deanne Fitzpatricks site. It is of a Nfld. village on the bay. It has houses and hills and water, and the whole thing is bordered by a pattern of fish and flowers. It's really big though, 60 inches x 38 inches. I need a rug frame, my big hoop finally broke. I have seen them made with just 2 by 4's, and no gripper strips; you can just stretch the burlap and hold it with tacks. I want Chris or John, or maybe Sio's Chris to make me one.
I also got a bunch of vintage patterns that date from the 50's through the 70's. Some of them I can use, some of them I might see if I can sell. Carla might want some for costuming. She's coming over tomorrow and we are going to take Rich out for his birthday.

No comments: