Thursday, March 12, 2009
I got a book of Celtic transfers a few years ago and I never really used it. I finally dug it out of the files and did two small pieces of embroidery; one is in kelly green floss on a tannish cotton which I made into a little pouch and put in my Etsy store. The other is a bit more complicated and is in two colors on light grey kona cotton. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet.
I am making a pair of pants today out of an old bed sheet I picked up ages ago at Salvation Army. I'll get Sio to model them for me for pictures later on. I think they are going to be cute.
I also found a great 6 part YouTube series on how to make a rag rug that is not braiding, which I consider a plus. The rug is knotted and joined together as you go instead of being sewn after the braid is done. I have another old bedsheet that I actually bought at a garage sale with the thought of making a crocheted rag rug. I'm going to try this technique in the next couple of days and I'll post pics of the results.