Monday, May 25, 2009

Finally Finished


The sheep mat is finally finished! I had 1 strip left over from the wool I dyed for the sky; talk about cutting it close! I was afraid I was going to run out. Sio had the idea to use white yarn for the clouds, and while I wasn't sure at first, once I started hooking the blue sky around them they blended in perfectly. Anyway, I really, really, really like this mat. It is my favorite thing I've hooked so far. I'll get some rug binding this week and sew the edges down, and then what should I do with it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. I think you should treasure it and put it in your will to the one in your family that admire it the most. By the way how much wool (weight wise) did it take to hook the mat

Paula said...

You know, I didn't weigh it. I usually figure yardage about 4 times the area to be covered, so this would probably be about 4 yards, maybe a bit more. I'm glad you like it!