Thursday, September 30, 2010

This and That



I dug out the patchwork stocking that I didn't sell last year and then made another one out of this retro looking santa print from Alexander Henry. I listed both of them in my store yesterday and am going to make more in the next week. I really like the patchwork one a lot.


This is the Nomad bag from All New Handspun Handknits. I think the dyeing came out really nice, especially the black. I have such a hard time getting a nice even black' The Fair Isle pattern on the front of the bag is pretty easy, and I really like the striping sequence on the back. All I have to do now is knit the strap and block the pieces before I sew them together. The top of the bag is supposed to get a piece of ultra suede sewn to the top, and a piece of fusible interfacing ironed to it. It's finished off with a lining. I'm pretty sure this will wind up as a gift.

No comments: