Monday, September 06, 2010

The Studio Re-do



A place for everything and everything in it's place. Those little fabric buckets work really well for rolled up fat 1/4's. And I love my new scrap bag! I made it from scraps that I foundation pieced to part of an old white sheet. I think I'm going to make another one to use as a laundry bag, and Sio said it also would look nice as pillow cases. Since the bag is stuffed with fabric scraps, I have plenty to do whatever I can dream up.

Here's all the shelves and drawers of neatly folded fabric, with my jars of buttons on top. There is a pile of fabric that I need to make a couple more of the wall buckets for. That's a project for after I get the sewing area organized. The rug making wools are stacked in the back corner on a shelf behind my spinning wheel.

On the right side are the bins for fiber that needs to be combed/carded,spun, my balls of handspun, crocheted rugs I am working on, and some breakalble vintage items I am selling on Etsy. As soon as I figure out another spot for those, they will go. On the left side are bins of rug hooking and weaving supplies and some misc craft items. There is a small set of shelves above this for my embroidery flosses and some pictures but they can't be seen in this picture.

These are the yarn bins, and the loom which is now unburied. Hooray! I can finally make some of the rag rugs from the book I ordered last spring.

And here are various things that can be hung. I am almost done with the hooked house and boat pillow top. I ran just a bit short on the blue for the sky, so I dyed a bit more yesterday while I was dyeing some yarn. I am going to try and get it done tonight.
All in all I am pleased so far. I did the bookcase yesterday, and am now trying to figure out the best way to store all the needlecraft magazines. Maybe Tuesdays tutorial will be something to store magazines in. Today, though, I think I'm going to go fishing.

No comments: