Thursday, December 28, 2006

Holiday Sewing

Here's a few pictures of what I've made over the last few days. I seem to have entered a phase of commercial sewing, brought on by an intense desire to be able to do what I want. I've always wondered if I could really make a living off my sewing, so I am going to take a real stab at it. So I started sewing Christmas morning and have been at it off and on since then. I made the tye-dye corduroy bag first. In addition to the green mountain looking things on the front, I also lined it with one of the green batiks. The other bag I made today from a pair of gold cords I picked up at Salvation Army. John got me a great book of images for crafters for Christmas, and the applique was taken from the book. The fringe is bits of yarn I cut from different skeins we have laying around, and I embellished the center of the applique with little glass beads. The pants took 2 days for me to make, and were originally a ladies pair of size 20 light tan pinwale cords. I took them apart entirely and recut them using a size 14 pattern. I added patchwork side panels made from 5 cottons and scraps left from hand dyed hemp I had. I've seen the Jerry Bear doing a handstand a few times; once I decided to do that for the applique I knew there would be the bolt on the patch pocket. I think they turned out very nice. I am listed them on E-bay, and had an e-mail from someone who is interested in them but in a smaller size. I wrote her back and said I couldn't make the exact same pants, but would be happy to make a similar pair; now I am just waiting for her response. The bags are going to a store over in Lombard. I also started a corduroy skirt with a patchwork band at the bottom and a kangaroo pocket with a pretty involved Celtic applique. I think it is going to be pretty cute, and warm too, for this time of year. Although with the above average temps we've been having you almost don't need really warm stuff.
Melissa and Gregory went home yesterday. I think they had a good time while they were here, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were both nice, and they spent a lot of time downtown. We went bowling a couple of times, too. Melissa was disappointed that there was no body with the King Tut exhibit.They both go back to work and school this week.

2 comments:

pgslotauto-game said...

Pgslotauto-Game อันดับที่1 สนุกไม่ซ้ำกับใครแน่นอน PG Slot เกม สุดยอดเกมน่าทึ่งแห่งปี เกมใหม่ๆ อัพเดตเพียบลองแล้วติดใจแน่นอน รับประกันดูโปรโมชั่นของเราเกมส์พีจีสล็อต

บทความ said...

บทความ pg slot แหล่งรวมบทความสล็อต เว็บไซต์พนันสล็อตออนไลน์ ที่ได้รับความนิยมที่มาพร้อมทั้ง PG Slot เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ประสิทธิภาพ น่าเล่นที่ใครๆก็ต่างมีความสนใจอย่างยิ่ง