Thursday, April 03, 2008

Projects!






I have been working on several projects. I crocheted some very cute headbands out of yarn left over from other projects; Holly is wearing one. I think they are cute and are really nice take along projects that don't take long. I made this one while I was waiting for mom at one of her physical thereapy appointments. I also crocheted a cute open work hat that Sio has on. It's kind of hard to see in the picture. Then I finished another shawl, this one is crocheted using 2 strands of yarn held together; one is Wool-Ease in Denim Twist, the other is a recycled light blue wool blend yarn. Sio saw it yesterday and said it was a bit plain, so I started adding a fringe last night while I was watching tv after work. My last yarn project is a little cardigan I started from a book called Knitting for the First Time by Vanessa Ann. I finished the back already; I had to increase the width by adding stitches on either side using a cable cast on which was a new skill for me. I started the front right side yesterday; I have a custom order that I'm working on for a trade I'm doing on Etsy, as soon as I finish it I'll get back to the sweater. It's a toddler size 2; I might give it to Sio to send to South America with her hats. It's knit from a cotton/acrylic/wool blend yarn I recycled from a thrift store sweater I got for 99 cents; it was all ribs and cables so there's a TON of yarn.
I have a baby blanket I started quilting, too. I was originally going to make a tablerunner, but I then I thought this would be really nice as a blanket for a baby girl.

No comments: