Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hand Quilting and Other Stuff






I know I said I wasn't going to hand quilt the Amish Bars quilt, but I was wrong. I was afraid I didn't quilt well enough, but actually it's coming along pretty nicely. Pat at work, who does fabulous hand quilting, said start with something small, so I did. She is a stab quilter and I find I am not, although going around some of the curved pieces I am stabbing, just because I can't get my stitches small enough if I don't. Since the back is black and I am using black thread, it doesn't show if it's uneven on the back. I figure another couple of weeks of afternoon quilting and it will be done. I'm really enjoying the process too; it's very relaxing.

There is also a picture of a soap saver I crocheted yesterday. I really like it, and since I buy soap on Etsy it's pretty expensive and I'd like to use every bit. It only took a little less than 1/2 a ball of Lily Sugar and Cream cotton. I'll probably make a few for my Etsy store too, they work up really quickly.

The last picture is of an Amish quilt I'd like to make. I saved the picture from some where; possibly E-bay and I've always wanted to make it. Strictly speaking, it may not be Amish because of the white used, although I know the modern Amish will use white in quilts that are for selling to the tourist community. Anyway, I'll probably replace the white with a light grey. I need to go through my solids and see what I have and what I might need to buy. It's a project for sometime later though, I'm not in a hurry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you stab that quilt!