Saturday, June 07, 2008

Charm Necklaces





I made these necklaces a couple of weeks ago and am eventually going to list them on Etsy. Melissa wanted to see them so I took these pics using the old camera, the new one isn't working for some reason. I love the red one with the handcuffs! I've worn it a couple of times, but I really think it should be sold. The components are all vintgae except for the red leaf and drop beads; I did the filigree wrap on the drop myself and glued it in place. The one with the aquamarine stone and brass locket is all vintage, the stone pendant came from a pair of earrings I got from Carla a long time ago. I wore it too, to the Green Festival when we went a couple of weeks ago. The one with the cameo is the only one made from new stuff. I got 6 of the cameos on Etsy and the chain at Hobby Lobby, the rest of the beads and findings are stuff Sio or I bought over the years we worked at Hancock. The earrings have vintage beads, again from a necklace Carla gave me; the findings look vintage but they aren't. I like these a lot too. All in all a nice lot of pieces; as soon as I can take better closeups I'll list them.

I also made a very cool dress that I have titled "US Blues", after the Dead song. I haven't taken pics because it's such a pain in the ass to haul Mildred outside, take all the pics, and then haul her in again; especailly for one thing. Sio is coming home tomorrow so I'll have her model it. Stuff sells a lot better on a person anyway.

No comments: