Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mi Le M'uilinn

More video of Karen Matheson doing Mi Le M'uilinn. I absolutley love this song, it's one of my very favorites. If you can be homesick for your roots, this song makes me feel that way.




The girls have been telling me for quite some time now that I should focus on one or two things and not be all over the place as far as the arts and crafts are concerned. I think they are probably right, and I am going to focus on traditional crafts like rug hooking, quilting and crocheting. I don't really think Etsy is the right outlet for that kind of thing so maybe I'll need a website. Siobhan wants to do art shows although I don't know about that. Anyway, I am clearing my stash of a huge build up of stuff that I just don't see myself using. Some of it I'll put in storage and I'm going to sell some of it. I'll see if I can get rid of some on Etsy and then we are having a gargage sale after we come back from Shelbyville next weekend.

I drew up a pattern for a rug that I'm going to start hooking. I actually have a lot of wool dyed so I don't know if I'll be dyeing any. I'll post pics later on. I made myself a new rug frame, the hoop I was using finally broke. It lasted through almost 2 small mats though, which is pretty good. I'm also still working on Sio's quilt but it's almost done except the outer border. I might put it away til fall when the cooler weather comes back.

No comments: