Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wool! and clouds?




A friend of my mother-in-laws has a nephew whose wife has a sheep; she apparently doesn't spin or weave or knit so she just throws the fleece out! I said I'd take it, and here it is stuffed in a white garbage bag. I haven't taken it out to get a good look at it yet, I will tomorrow. I'm also going to wash it if it is nice enough outside to set up the drying rack and let it dry. I have a comb and cards that I got from Joan when she let me borrow her mom's wheel. I'm not sure how much of the fleece is usable; I don't know if I'll dye it or not, and if I do will I dye it as roving or as yarn, I have no idea how much yarn I will actually get out of it but I'm really excited to do this!

The other 2 pics are from a really cool cloud formation we saw while John, Chris and I were fishing. Siobhan didn't want to go so it was just the 3 of us. We didn't catch anything but it was a nice finish to a nice Fathers Day. Anyway, John thought it looked like a mushroom cloud, and I guess it does; I just liked the way part of it was bright and there were some smaller dark clouds scudding across the front, and the way the shadows looked.

We are planning a fishing trip to Shelbyville the last weekend of the month Thursday til Sunday. I hope the weather is really nice and the fishing is good.

No comments: