Saturday, August 16, 2008

New Yarn Store




I got a new bike on Thursday. My old one got stolen a couple of weeks ago and it was hard to be bike-less, but I really like my new one. I didn't take any pictures but I will and post them later.
Siobhan and I rode our bikes to the Villa Park train station today and then took the train to Geneva for the day. It was a really nice day; we went in a lot of the little shops and antique stores and then had lunch. There is a new yarn store that wasn't there before, called Wool and Company or it might have been there before but we just didn't notice. Anyway, it was pretty big and they had a lot of yarn. I was originally going to buy a ball of Noro Kureyon for a hat, but I ended up with two balls of Naturally Nazareth 100% wool from Kraemer Yarns instead. I really like the colors. I also dyed the cashmere from the sweater I started to unravel. I have 2 balls from the sleeves that are about 165 yds each and is a sport weight. The pictures still look orange, but the yarn is not orange anymore, it is variegated reds. I used brown, maroon and old gold and steamed it on a rack in the oven. I think if I had left it longer the darkest part would look browner. Anyway, I'm going to take the back and front of the sweater and dip dye them using maybe 3 shades of browns or something, although I wonder if I overdyed with a blue if I'd get some sort of purple. I was also thinking of dyeing in the crockpot, but I don't think both the back and front of the sweater would fit.

No comments: