Monday, August 09, 2010

Bonita Hat




Finished this hat on Saturday; I had to change the hat band some because it was way too big. I got the pattern as a download over on Ravelry , the designer is Rebecca Averil. I had it queued for awhile, and I decided to take it over to moms on Friday to work on while I was helping her with her laundry. It was an easy and fast pattern, I would have had it finished on Friday night if it weren't for the 6 pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade that got in the way after dinner. Anyway, I went down a hook size on the band, and then I ended up decreasing the 2nd from last sc row. I did a sc. and then dec over the next 2 sc's all around the hat. It ended up a bit tight for me, but for sure it won't go flying off!

I decided that I am spinning to make the sheepy mittens in Homespun Handknit. They are made with a sock weight yarn and have a pattern of cute little knitted sheep on the back. The chart looks fairly simple. The colors in the book are natural, dark brown, light brown and grey, and I think I'm going to go with those colors. I actually should have enough yarn in the next couple of days. We are supposed to have rain for the next 2 or 3 days, so maybe I'll finish spinning as the rain moves out and can dye on the first clear day.

No comments: