Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My First Tutorial Tuesday!


I've decided to have Tuesday be the day I try out tutorials from my web wanderings. This week is from Jennifer Casa at JCasa Handmade. It is a really nice and super easy wall pocket. She designed it for her kids to keep projects and toys nice and neat, but it would work equally well for us grown ups too. We are in the house my husband grew up in, and it is over 50 years old. Like a lot of houses from that era it is small and has very little storage space. SO anything that helps keep clutter under control is good, and this could work in a lot of rooms for a lot of things. The link for the pocket is here: http://jchandmade.typepad.com/jc_handmade/2008/01/for-you.html The only thing I changed on this one is the handle. It calls for cotton webbing. I didn't have any, so I used fabric that I interfaced to strengthen it. I can see several of these in my sewing room, holding fat quarters or maybe some of my vintage Workbasket magazines or even to hold balls of my hand spun yarn.

Oh, and I also made bread. I finally used the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day book that I've had for awhile now. I made the American White Bread recipe because I think John will like it, and because I need a good white bread with no high fructose corn syrup in it. I haven't cut it yet, I'm just waiting for it to cool so I can make a turkey sandwich.

No comments: