Monday, January 01, 2007

Memory Quilt

I forgot to mention that I have committed to making a memory quilt for the quilt show at work this year. It is scheduled for sometime in mid-Feb, I don't remember the exact date. I've decided to do a kind of Nfld. heritage thing. There are some pics of people; I have mom and dad, Nan and her daughters, my great grandmother, etc. I am also including some place pictures; Bull Cove, Brigus (historic and modern), the Newfie Hotel (where mom worked), etc., as well as some more general pics, I have a picture of Indian Harbour, Labrador; some unknown fishermen squid jigging; the Kyle and the sealing fleet in St. John's Harbour from about 1907. The reason I am including it is because the SS Southern Cross is one of the ships in the picture, and when she was lost in I think 1914, my great grandmother became a widow. I had some other older pics scanned before but I seem to have lost them from my hard drive, I am going to go over and get then from mom again, probably on Thursday; we're supposed to go out to lunch. I've been thinking of doing something like this for a long time so I'm pretty excited about it.

No comments: