Friday, January 26, 2007

Quilt Blocks

I'm almost done with the blocks for the quilt top. I was a bit worried about getting them to all square up to the same size, but after talking to Joan at work, who is putting the show together, I realized that I don't have to be. I can do strips in between the blocks that is different than the actual fabric I am using to frame each individual block. I'm starting to think twice about the fabric I chose for the border, it's a wave print, in blues, white and a bit of grey. I'm not sure, I'm going to look again and see if we have something that's better. Anyway, I want to finish the blocks up today and maybe start assembling the whole thing. I have cleared off the big table in the basement to quilt on, I'll probably just back it with white muslin, I have lots of it on hand and it's cheap.Plus, you won't ever see the back of this quilt, it will be hanging against a wall. I'll get some pictures up later.

No comments: