Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Spinning!



I made yarn! It isn't the greatest yarn, it is definitely uneven, but it gets more even as I go along. There are also some spots where I have too much twist, although from everything I've read this happens a lot when first learning to spin.I spun about an ounce and a half. It takes quite awhile, I spun for a couple of hours yesterday after I got started. I also started a hat with the spun yarn. I think I'm going to dye the purple roving today. I made a second drive belt from some hemp I have here, although it stretches so I had to tie it really tight. The original was made from a twine of some sort, maybe linen. It is a double drive wheel, though, so I need the second belt for tension. I am going to order new ones if I can find ones that fit.

No comments: