Saturday, November 10, 2007

Crocheted Medallion Scarf


Siobhan and I had a lot of fun visiting Carla and Jimmy in Evanston. After some lively breakfast discussion we went shopping for the day and had lunch. I didn't find shoes, which is what I was looking for, but Sio and I both bought some vintage buttons, and I bought a couple more hankies to add to the ones I am collecting for a quilt. We had lunch at a Thai restaurant that was very good, although Sio wasn't all that happy; she wanted Indian buffet. It was still a lot of fun. We went in a boutique-y womens clothes store, where there were some really nice skirts; once I drop a few more pounds I may go back and buy at least one; there were two that I really liked. There was also a scarf made from crocheted circle medallions. The yarn was wool, and there were a couple of different color schemes; one had 6 or so blue/grey/teal colors, the other was warmer. I don't remember exactly what the colors were except I know there was a gold and brick red. The ends were fringed; it was a very nice scarf. I made up a few circles using some yarn I had here; I think it's Red Heart TLC. I am using an ombre for the large medallions and a light brown for the connecting ones. It's actually quite easy, and I think I am going to order 5 or 6 different colored wools from Knit Picks and make a wool one. I like the blue/teal/grey color combo, so I might use those colors. Something with plum might be nice, too.

No comments: