Thursday, November 08, 2007

Vintage Zebra's


I have been going through my fabric stash, looking for fabrics that would make nice purses, and I came across this bit of vintage fabric that I don't remember ever seeing before; that being the case I certainly don't remember where I got it. I suppose it came in some vintage fabric pack that I got on E-bay. I wish I knew because I'd try and get more. The piece is only 9"x10". I really think it's cute and I need to figure out what to do with it.

A lady came in the store yesterday and she was making these little embellished wrist purses. She uses beads for her embellishments, pads them lightly, and lines them. She was using cording for her wrist straps. I asked her what she was charging and she said $25. I have a little clutch I want to finish this morning before I go to Carla's, but then I am going to pick out a fabric or two and some beads and see what I come up with. I have tons of vintage scraps I could use; these little bags were only 6"x7" or so, maybe a bit bigger but only an inch. I can embellish them at Carla's this evening, or at mom's this afternoon.

No comments: