Monday, September 15, 2008

Water Water Every Where






I was out in the neighborhood taking pics of the incredible flooding this morning. It's higher than yesterday, Salt Creek wasn't supposed to crest until this morning. John said he doesn't remember it ever being this bad when he was growing up although there was a guy up on Normandy who said that it was worse than this in 1986; he showed me where the water came to then. There was a house that had a boat tied up to the light post. We are very lucky being in the spot we are; we had a little water but not too bad.

I know that the banking industry is going through the wringer right now. It doesn't bode well for things to come. JHK's post is all about it this morning:
http://jameshowardkunstler.typepad.com/clusterfuck_nation/2008/09/a-ripe-moment.html
He is also saying that we should be refering to the Republican Party as the "party that wrecked America", which is a pretty accurate description. I haven't given a lot of it much thought with all the rain, and today I'm taking garbage out of the basement, so I don't think the full magnitude has sunk in. I'm anxious to hear what Thom Hartmann has to say.

No comments: