Monday, January 04, 2010

Another Bleu Dress



This is one of my favorite little dresses for Josette, it is the school apron from La Semaine De Suzette originally printed in 1906. I made it in a dark teal cotton with tiny little black designs and black collar, belt and hem band. Little girls would have school aprons in darker colors so as not to show the ink and other stains that might have gotten on their clothes. I have Josette standing in front of the wooden table and chair that I found at the thrift store last week for $3 for both pieces! I am slowly building up props and toys for her. The temporary table cloth is a vintage hankie. I want to make an embroidered one for her using colors from the tea set Melissa got in Mexico. I think that will be my sewing project while I am at moms doing laundry later this week. I'll probably work on it in the evenings too if I watch any tv this week.
I am working on a snowman quilt for Sio so I'm going to keep working on that today. I'd like to get it done by the end of the month. She doesn't want any fancy quilting, just straight lines. I don't have a fabric for the borders; I'm thinking of ordering a snowflake print.
On another subject, Great Big Sea is coming back to House of Blues in March. I am so ambivalent about that place. I really don't think the sound is that good, and last year the staff was very rude. I know I'll break down and go anyway, it just pisses me off. If I have another bad staff experience I am going to write a letter to the corporate office and complain.

1 comment: