Saturday, January 02, 2010

Christmas Bleuette



I haven't blogged in so long! This year I am going to try and keep more on posting things I've made. In line with that, here are a couple of pictures of my Bleuette, Mademoiselle Josette. Melissa went to Mexico just a couple of months ago and she brought back some Christmas presents for her "little sister", and I made her a few. The little tea set, stuffed sheep and set of green bowls are from Melissa; the little stuffed dog, the cape and hat, lingerie bag, little work basket and the robe were all made by me.I don't have a picture to post of her in her Christmas dress, but I will dress her in it and take one soon.

I have had some nasty dental work in the last week and while I was recovering I made the light blue dress using a pattern I bought from a lady on e-bay. The length of the dress and the design is ok, but the arm holes are a bit snug. I tried the dress on her before I set the sleeves in because it looked like it might be a snug fit. I ended up making the underarm a little deeper and it looked like it would be enough but it wasn't quite. It still looks ok, but I think I'll try it again before too long and alter the underarm just a bit more. All the lace on the dress is vintage. I am going to limit my doll sewing for a bit now though; Carla and I are going to try and make some bags together, plus I am working on a quilt for Siobhan. I think what I'm going to do is make up a bag with pattern(s), fabrics, trims, needles and matching thread and keep it handy and then only work on doll clothes when I am spending the day at moms doing laundry.