Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Long Draw Spinning

I found this video over on YouTube that shows longdraw spinning. From the way mom has described Nan spinning, it sounds like this is what she did.


I don't know what I'd do without YouTube; it seems like anytime I want to see how someone does something I can find a video. I am getting really excited about the wheel now! I can't wait til I have enough hand spun to knit a hat or scarf! I have the Newfoundland heritage fleece that Siobhan bought for me in the early fall all carded and combed and ready to go! The fleece I'm working on now isn't nearly as nice, although I will spin it too. I may dye some of it today or tomorrow, I'd like to dye some roving and then maybe mix 2 colors like blue and green or maybe a light and dark of the same shade. I don't necessarily want to spin 2 separate strands and then ply them; I want it to mix as part of the same piece of roving. I'd like to be able to dye anything the way I want instead of having to buy prepared roving which is so much more expensive.
I have to go to the dentist today. I'll be glad when we have all this stuff finished!

No comments: