Monday, October 23, 2006

Blackwork sachet cones



I took pictures of the sachet cone I started yesterday.I found the all over floral pattern on a website a long time ago, I saved the picture but not the site, so I don't remember where it was. Since I have 1/4 lb. of dried lavender, I decided to embroider the cone in a lavender thread. I am working it on 14 count white aida, although once I have the magnifying lamp I bought yesterday set up, I should be able to work on linen, which is so much nicer. There's so much work to an allover design that they make good gifts, but wouldn't be worth making to sell. However, just a small flower or star or something could be ok, it would still be hand embroidered and could still be sold reasonably.
I have to make 3 more fleece scarves today; they are sold already and I didn't even get the fabric for them til the other day.

No comments: