Sunday, March 21, 2010

Great Big Sea House of Blues

Ok, so my dislike of House of Blues was unreasonable. The guys put on one of the best shows I've seen, ever.It was the last night of the tour and they just went all out. The solos they do instead of an intermission were excellent; the sing along was beyond all expectations, and that part is always a ton of fun.There were so many of my favorites that I can't remember them all; Mary Mac, River Drivers Lament, Paddy Murphy, Bob did Come and I Will Sing You, Run Run Away, Sea of No Cares, Captain Kidd and Donkey Riding, just to name a few. They did Captain Wedderburn, and I don't think I've ever seen that live before, and Kris and Murry did an excellent cover of Where the Streets Have No Name. They also did 2 new songs that are going to be on the new album which is coming out in June. One was called Hit the Ground and Run, Alan co-wrote that with Russell Crowe, and the other one was called Nothing But A Song. I got video of all of that one. Didn't take much more video, but it's hard to hold a camera when I'm dancing. Sio has the camera with the pics and she's still asleep; I'll post them later.

I will add that Bob looked tired through the show, and there seemed to be some tension with Sean. Alan was his usual self, and Murry seemed to be having a great time. We were talking to a couple from Atlanta who went to Friday night's show, too, and she said last night was a bit better.If someone posts a set list on the GBS site I'll copy it and post it here later when I post pics.

No comments: