Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Catch Up and Let the Fishing Begin




Well, I am still really loving my new wheel. I have spun the roving I dyed last week and am trying to figure out exactly what to do with it. I'm leaning towards fingerless gloves, but they may have to wait for a bit. I have been inspired to finish off the string quilt I started last spring. I also went through my stash and pulled out some blue fabrics to make a crocheted rug with. My original thought was to make a crocheted rag bowl and then maybe sell it in my store; but it changed to a rug in the wee hours of this morning when I couldn't sleep, and then it became a bedroom makeover when I thought how nice the unfinished rug would look with the quilt and maybe some new curtains made from white sheets from the thrift store. I've also been making things for the Etsy store, too. The fingerless gloves are made from recycled, hand dyed yarn that I got from a sweater. The coasters are a mix of vintage and new fabrics with a wool backing, and the pillow is made with stash prints and then quilted. I really like the pillow; it reminds me of pond water. I wanted to applique a big jumping bass on it, but Siobhan said no. I have also been making crochet hook organizers. I'll post more pics later on of some of this stuff.
So Braidwood opened I think on the 1st of March. It's supposed to be 50's over the weekend so we are going out to try our luck. I don't know if we'll catch much, but Chris, John and I are so looking forward to just getting out.

No comments: