Sunday, August 27, 2006

Winamp

Ok, this is totally off the topic of needlework, but I just have to say how much I love the internet and my computer. John just found a program that will find lyrics to mp3's that you put in winamp. How cool is that? I have to say that my computer is first and foremost my stereo and the first thing I do when I get a new cd is rip it so I can play it on the computer.Then I rarely touch the cd again, unless the lyrics are printed in the literature that comes with it. Now I don't have to do that, they come up automatically! There are some that there are no lyrics to, but there is an edit function where you can add them if you want, or if you notice that some one else's lyrics are wrong you can change them. I think this is a really cool program, especially when listening to people like Kurt Cobain who screams more than he sings sometimes. There are Nirvana lyrics that I've never known, I've wonderd if Kurt's really singing or just screaming things that are made up words. Now I can find out. I know Melissa and Sio will both post about what a nerd I am. Oh well, whatever.

4 comments:

Paula said...

I like the name kurt, perhaps it will be the name of my firstborn son

Paula said...

Actually siobhan said that, but she's still posting as me.

Melissa Gasparotto said...

So what's the name of this program?

Paula said...

Mini lyrics