Friday, July 11, 2008

Busy Busy Busy






I put the stained glass rug back into the frame and had it done in next to no time. It actually is very nice. I didn't hem the edges down yet because I don't have any twill tape for the edges; I'll get some today. Sio said I should sell it, but I have to ask at least $120 for it, so I don't know if I will.
I came across an excellent article called "Zen and the Art of Stash Diving" here:
http://www.crochetme.com/node/47/print The gist of it is just close your eyes and dig in; I did and made this pretty scarf with some reclaimed yarn that I had leftover from a couple of scarflettes I made to list later in the year. The yarn is a thick/thin acrylic with a metallic thread running through it. It's a simple v-stitch and I used a size M hook so it went very quickly. After I finished the scarf I just picked up the yarn closest to my chair which was brown Red Heart and started this ripple purse. It ends up being pretty small, 7x9 about, but the ripple flap is cute. I'll be done with that too, in a couple of days.
I got the sheep rug back into the frame and started the barn but I lost my nice hook and I don't like the back up one I have. I think it's in the computer room some where.
To top it all off I got 2 pairs of shorts made for Sio's trip to Disney and I have one more to make today. If I can get her to put them on I'll take pics. They came out cute, and fit her which is always a bit of a problem with pants. I might make myself a pair from the same pattern.

No comments: