Thursday, July 03, 2008

Washing Wool and Contrast Problems






I spent most of the morning washing wool and working on the sheep mat. Here are some pics of some of the dirty fleece, a pic of it in the sink on it's 3rd washing, and the drying rack I rigged from 2 window screens. I've always been a firm believer that it's ok to use anything that you have lying around in or on your house in the pursuit of the fiber arts and the screens just prove my point. I am going to buy a dog brush until I get cards; Melissa said it should work ok.
I'm not sure how I feel about the mid section of hill that I hooked into the rug. It looks better than it did now I have more finished, but I'm still not really happy with it. I have so much done I don't want to take it out. I think maybe there is too much contrast between the lights and darks in that section. I like the foreground though; it turned out very nice.
Sio is going to Disney in 10 days and so I am making shorts for her for the rest of the day; and then we are going to pick raspberries. They are finally ripe.

No comments: