Friday, December 12, 2014

Some Christmas Presents

I have been busy sewing for Christmas and I have a few things finished. My youngest daughter asked for some hot/cold rice packs, so I made her this set with removable patchwork covers.

Since my older daughter is getting a new microwave for Christmas I figured she could use a set too. This set has the extra added bonus of getting rid of some of the hexagons that have been hanging around since last year.

Youngest daughter also said she wanted some totes for shopping, so I went through my stash looking for some fabrics she might like. I had quite a big remnant of Michael Miller's Dysfunctional Family left from a shirt I made my son at least 10 years ago. She's always liked this fabric, so I used almost all of this for this tote.

I didn't realize it, but Micheal Miller has reissued this fabric. You can but it at Fabric.com

Then there's this lovely pillow. I used the Ticker Tape pattern from Amanda Jean Nyburgs book Sunday Morning Quilts. You can also find it on her blog  Crazy Mom Quilts
which is where I'll be linking up.

No comments: