I wasn't sure how much I was going to like it, because the red turned out REALLY red. It's a Cushings dye in scarlet. Well I spun it up and then plied it as a 2 ply and it looked like this:
Still pretty bright, but I was able to pull out the brighter red sections and put them to the side so I could start a pair of fingerless gloves. I only have one knitted so far, I finished it this morning. I should get the other one finished by next weekend, at least I hope so! They are not a Christmas present, so there really is no rush.
On another note, I had all my zipper pouches quilted and cut out with their linings and realized my zipper foot is missing. It should be in the little pouch that all my sewing machine feet came in but it isn't there and the local Jo Ann doesn't carry them. I ordered one from Amazon and it should be here Tuesday.