Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday Morning Knitting

I've been knitting here and there in odd moments for the last few days, mostly in the car or at other places that are not home. The really nice thing about knitting is it's portability. Anyway, I had some yarn I spun earlier this year on one of my drop spindles. It actually started out as this roving I dyed in the early part of the summer.

I wasn't sure how much I was going to like it, because the red turned out REALLY red. It's a Cushings dye in scarlet. Well I spun it up and then plied it as a 2 ply and it looked like this:

Still pretty bright, but I was able to pull out the brighter red sections and put them to the side so I could start a pair of fingerless gloves. I only have one knitted so far, I finished it this morning. I should get the other one finished by next weekend, at least I hope so! They are not a Christmas present, so there really is no rush.

On another note, I had all my zipper pouches quilted and cut out with their linings and realized my zipper foot is missing. It should be in the little pouch that all my sewing machine feet came in but it isn't there and the local Jo Ann doesn't carry them. I ordered one from Amazon and it should be here Tuesday.

No comments: